1. What do I need to get started?

You need to provide us with:
– a scanned copy of your travel passport
– your legal address (where you live now)
– a signed contract and a prepayment to our Company’s account (3000EUR)
– your Residence permit copy if you live outside of your home country
– your CV or similar: we need a description of your professional activities and your educational background.

  1. Where do I apply?

– You always apply via the embassy in the country where you live.
If you already have a valid residence in another Schengen country you can apply in that country.
If you apply for Latvian Residence Permit then you can, with you current Residence Permit form another Schengen country, apply directly with Migration office in Riga.

  1. Can my family join me?

– Normally yes, after you have received your residence permit (except in Latvia where you can apply together).
– Consider the fact that your tax position will most likely be affected if all of your family will join you. Since your place for principal economic interest is de-facto where your family is located you will be liable to report your worldwide income in your new country. Needless to say, that generally tax burden is generally heavier than in Middle East, thus you may be liable to pay your tax from all income from the countries where else it is non-taxed.
Therefore we do not advise all of your family to get a residence permit unless your family will be really residing in the new country.
Don’t forget that in Europe there is a schooling obligation for all kids from the age of six. If your kids do not go to school you will have to explain this to the related authorities.

  1. Can I get passport in the end?

– Yes, if you fulfill the conditions.
First, you must be in the possession of the Permanent Resident status.
Second, you must prove integration into society, which normally is done via your payment of social contributions and taxes.
Third, you normally will be obliged to have the A2-B1 level of the destination country’s language. You either take an exam or prove it by other means.
Consider just having the permanent resident status. In many cases it is enough: you get the freedom to live In Europe and enter and exit via any Schengen country. On the contrary, you will be obliged to pass the exam, sometimes even renounce your current citizenship if you wish to become the citizen. You can leave this task to your children, who will have an easier time integrating.
You will also have to give up your current nationality.

  1. Do my kids/wife/husband get the passport too?

– your kids under 18 get it automatically if they reside with you at the moment you are awarded citizenship.
– your wife will be able to get a special residence card, that will allow her to work and to be with you without limitation, as a spouse of the citizen of EU. She will need to have lived for five-ten years and proven her integration in the society (work, language).
– your kids have other means of getting passport on a standalone basis, based on the time they have lived in the destination country.

  1. As the holder of the residence permit, am I obliged to stay in the country all the time?

– No, you can travel. You must only make sure that you maintain your residence address and that you do receive post. Your number of days in the country is not verified by the stamps in your passport.
We can help with post pickup for you.

  1. Is it necessary to have a local partner, local director, any local staff?

— By law, it is not necessary.

  1. What is the maximum number of employees in an LLC?

– We recommend, at least in the beginning, to start a business with no more than two employees.

  1. What passport is necessary?

— International, valid for at least 1 year. When submitting the documents, it is necessary to provide a copy of the domestic passport or Residence Permit of the country where you live if it is not your Home Country. We will also need your bank statement and Police Clearance, as well as Health Insurance.

  1. What happens if a passport is renewed once D visa / residence permit is issued?

— Nothing. This does not cancel their validity.

  1. What are the rights and responsibilities of an LLC founder’s family members in terms of a D Visa / a residence permit / naturalization?

— Family members are a wife and children under the age of 18. They receive all the rights to live, to study, and to medical care. Children under the age of 18 obtain a passport automatically as soon as one of the parents is granted citizenship.

  1. Do they have to live part of the time in the country, like the founder?

— As they want. It is allowed to leave the territory of Belgium. The Principal applicant can travel as well and is not bound to spend 365/365 days in the same place.
It is very important to look after you residential address, it must be valid. You must be able to receive post.

  1. Will a possible refusal affect future entries into the Schengen Area / EEC?

— No. A future refusal is possible only if you were listed into the offenders system of Schengen countries for visa problems or similar.

  1. What is the difference between a residence permit and permanent residence and between permanent residence and naturalization / a passport?

– Residence permit is a temporary residence permit; it is to be extended on the basis of an operating company and a professional card.
– Permanent residence is a permanent residence permit (unconditional, tied neither to a company, nor to a work).
– Passport gives the full set of capabilities of a citizen.

  1. What opportunities does a residence permit give?

— You have the right to medical care, pension, education of children in schools, entry into the Schengen Area and the right to live in the country.